Hey, y'all are too silent!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PHPab4d Forum Index -> alt.barney.dinosaur.die.die.die
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tailwhip
Spectator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh man, I'm sorry. Is it just me or do I always get this? believe you me im not like this in real life and, hey im a lot younger than you guys. so im sorry, i'd like to put it behind us and I guarantee you I do not have a bad IQ. I got the jokes from a comedian called jimmy carr, so if you have any complaints ship them off to him. But I'm not stupid and I'm not immature, but sometimes, a guy likes a joke. And sometimes, another guy doesn't. AMEN..
katster
the so-called admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tailwhip wrote:
I got the jokes from a comedian called jimmy carr, so if you have any complaints ship them off to him. But I'm not stupid and I'm not immature, but sometimes, a guy likes a joke. And sometimes, another guy doesn't. AMEN..

The joke may or may not have been funny in context. I might be willing to admit that's a possibility. At times, though, things that are funny when spoken aren't as funny when put in text and stripped of its context. The art of stand-up comedy has as much to do with intonation and delivery as it does with the actual words that are spoken.

That and people's senses of humour are different. What tickles your funny bone might not tickle everybody else's. But there's enough hot air generated on this subject. The joke's been changed; the new one's funnier. Let's leave it at that.

-kat
"these are the days of miracle and wonder" -Paul Simon, "The Boy in the Bubble"
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tailwhip
Spectator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol, I don't need an administrator to tell me that, but thx for agreeing. Now, can ppl tell me some of their roleplaying experiences?
Shadur
Dragon

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tailwhip wrote:
Lol, I don't need an administrator to tell me that, but thx for agreeing. Now, can ppl tell me some of their roleplaying experiences?

If you didn't, then why did it take so long for you to figure it out on your own?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tailwhip
Spectator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mean I didnt need to be told about how written humor differs from spoken.
cyohtee
Jihaddi

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not really doing much of anything. Spent the last few years fighting to stay afloat financially. The Grandmother in New York finally kicked the bucket a week shy of her 102nd B-Day a couple of months ago though (don't bother with sympathy or condolence, since I couldn't stand her, and she spent the last 20 years making my father's life a livinf hell), and the $100k she left me in her will has helped incredibly (less than 5% of her estate, so my father, her only other relative, made out much better than I did Very Happy ). Finally found a new gaming group and we have begun a Shadowrun campaign. Just threw some big parties at Science Fiction Conventions in the Chicago area, and otherwise I just sit around all day watching movies, reading Live Journal, and playing games on Neopets. Not much else going on. How you been

Twisted Evil
cyohtee@barbarian.org - cyohtee@sandwich.net - cyohtee@ucan.foad.org
katster
the so-called admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cyohtee wrote:
Finally found a new gaming group and we have begun a Shadowrun campaign. Just threw some big parties at Science Fiction Conventions in the Chicago area, and otherwise I just sit around all day watching movies, reading Live Journal, and playing games on Neopets. Not much else going on. How you been

Sounds like things are going well for you at the moment. (Any time you have all day to read LJ sounds like a treat to me.) Speaking of which, I'm the usual nick over there if you ever want to find me. Wink

As for me? Well, we're moving, and there's still a half dozen things to be done and the house is going on the market tomorrow. Iz joyee. And then I've got to move to Sacramento.

Oh well, though, I'll survive. Smile

-kat
"these are the days of miracle and wonder" -Paul Simon, "The Boy in the Bubble"
Doc Forrest
Jihaddi

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 7:53 am    Post subject: *sigh* Where am I again? Reply with quote

It has been a long time since drinks.

Since I was last on (I think), I've started an electrical apprenticeship with the state government railway (QR), went to a pop culture festival as Black Mage from FF1, and am planning on doing the same thing in October.

Still alive, still sane (I think), still around.

VRDET R&D Technician Forrest King
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PHPab4d Forum Index -> alt.barney.dinosaur.die.die.die All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: