Hey, y'all are too silent!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PHPab4d Forum Index -> alt.barney.dinosaur.die.die.die
View previous topic :: View next topic  
katster
the so-called admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 9:48 am    Post subject: Re: I DO! Reply with quote

Tailwhip wrote:
yes I DO have an account.

*grin* Yeah, PHPbb is a bit tricky to get used to at first.

Anyway, welcome aboard. If you've got any questions, feel free to ask. We're mostly friendly 'round these parts.

-kat
"these are the days of miracle and wonder" -Paul Simon, "The Boy in the Bubble"
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tailwhip
Spectator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 9:39 pm    Post subject: GOOD Reply with quote

Good, I'm sick of hardcore Startrek Rpers and D&D gamers calling me a grunt and treating me like an idiot. Anyway, does everyone wish me luck for my D&D session tomorrow?
P.S DO you like my signiature
Aris_TGD
Jihaddi

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, you're not a grunt, and we won't treat you like an idiot, and I do wish you luck on your D&D. But no, I don't like your signature. Real women have curves.
CATULLUS: Of course. This way people can call Caesar “Commander Cocksucker” out loud and it’s okay, because they’re not the ones calling Caesar a cocksucker, they’re just quoting that wacky Catullus. I can’t help it if I’m the voice of the people.
Pupp
Jihaddi

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aris_TGD wrote:
Hey, you're not a grunt, and we won't treat you like an idiot, and I do wish you luck on your D&D. But no, I don't like your signature. Real women have curves.

I'm with Aris. Don' need no stick figures. Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tailwhip
Spectator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait a minute, I don't think you really get the joke...its nothing to do with stick figures at all, I don't like stick figures either, and neither is it a sexist joke. What it's saying is that these days theres loads of hype about like, "j-lo booty" when really, all it is is a fat arse. And when did calling it a fat arse all change? Do you finally get the joke now?
Aris_TGD
Jihaddi

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay. Want my real answer?

I have an actual tushie, which is probably around the size of J-Lo's, though I haven't exactly checked. Or seen recent photos of her. Or whatever. Based on the completely insane standards of beauty in modern America, my ass is fat. I have also managed, after severe trauma in my pre-college years, to get over it and decide to deal with my weight, figure, etc in my own way. Therefore, I'm offended by your .sig, because you're basically applying standards for beauty that make me feel fat, which is none of your goddamn business. Happy now?

EDIT: That's so totally not fat, jerk.
CATULLUS: Of course. This way people can call Caesar “Commander Cocksucker” out loud and it’s okay, because they’re not the ones calling Caesar a cocksucker, they’re just quoting that wacky Catullus. I can’t help it if I’m the voice of the people.
Tailwhip
Spectator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 7:49 am    Post subject: Sorry Reply with quote

Dude, I'm sorry, but I really think you misunderstood the joke. The joke pokes fun at modern standards of beauty and how strange they might sound a few years back. I'm very sorry to hear about your misfortunes though. And I didn't write the joke, and I'm not a jerk. Please, I was only having a little fun and to me the joke wasnt very offensive, but to avoid any further upset, I've changed it. Happy now? Or do you have a problem with this one?
Aris_TGD
Jihaddi

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The subject of weight is one where you can never win with women.

And yes, our modern standards of beauty would seem ludicrous to people, say, a hundred years ago... exactly in the opposite way which your former .sig seemed to imply. That's what was offensive. Anyway, if the light hasn't gone on yet I don't have a better way of saying it. I like your new .sig a lot more.
katster
the so-called admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 8:02 am    Post subject: Re: Sorry Reply with quote

Tailwhip wrote:
Dude, I'm sorry, but I really think you misunderstood the joke. The joke pokes fun at modern standards of beauty and how strange they might sound a few years back. I'm very sorry to hear about your misfortunes though. And I didn't write the joke, and I'm not a jerk. Please, I was only having a little fun and to me the joke wasnt very offensive, but to avoid any further upset, I've changed it. Happy now? Or do you have a problem with this one?

Well, I didn't understand the first one. It was simply nonsensical, because J-Lo isn't fat. And jokes that are nonsensical aren't usually very funny. Plus there's the parsing issue Aris brought up. Jokes that touch on very sensitive subjects (such as beauty standards in this culture) should be told with sensitivity behind them and the understanding that somebody might find them offensive, and unfortunately, .sig lines aren't a place for such sensitivity.

And dude, you *asked* what we thought. We were honest with you about what we thought.

That said...

Quote:
I went into a bookshop once, and there was a third of all titles. I bought the lion the witch.

This made me laugh. (Although part of me wonders if you mean "two-thirds of all titles" or "a third off all titles", because either of those modifications would make the joke funnier.)

-kat
"these are the days of miracle and wonder" -Paul Simon, "The Boy in the Bubble"
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tailwhip
Spectator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 8:19 am    Post subject: Sorry again Reply with quote

yeh its a third off. And lol, you still don't understand the first joke! J-lo has a big butt, i dunno if its fake or whatever but she shows it off cos men find it attractive, which is stupid. But please i am very sorry and lest just stick with the new sig.
Tailwhip
Spectator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And unfortunately fatism is not taken as seriously as racism or sexism these days, because we know that it is often something one can help.
Aris_TGD
Jihaddi

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 8:26 am    Post subject: Re: Sorry again Reply with quote

Tailwhip wrote:
And lol, you still don't understand the first joke! J-lo has a big butt, i dunno if its fake or whatever but she shows it off cos men find it attractive, which is stupid. But please i am very sorry and lest just stick with the new sig.

... erm, judging by that picture, Miss Lopez has a gorgeous ass. Your ass-measuring standards are highly miscalibrated. Please see your manufacturer for a retooling.
Tailwhip
Spectator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*sound of chainsaw*

Capital letters are an endangered species. Please be gentle to them.

-- Your Friendly Neighborhood Jack-Booted Fascist Forum Admin.
Shadur
Dragon

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 8:29 am    Post subject: Re: Sorry again Reply with quote

Tailwhip wrote:
yeh its a third off. And lol, you still don't understand the first joke!

No, we understood fine. It's just not funny to anyone with an IQ over, say, 80 and any degree of maturity. Please try to understand, and grow the hell up.
Aris_TGD
Jihaddi

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tailwhip wrote:
OMFG!!!! JALO HAS A BIG BUTT ITS LIKE AN INTERNATIONAL FACT!! THATS WHAT SHES FAMOUS FOR THESE DAYS! AND A LOT OF MEN LIKE BIG BUTTS THATS WHY SHE SHOWS IT OFF!

Well. An international fact.

That sure shows me.

I suppose I'll just take my copies of Experiments in Physical Chemistry and Quantitative Chemical Analysis and get back to my research.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PHPab4d Forum Index -> alt.barney.dinosaur.die.die.die All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: