We've lost another one...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PHPab4d Forum Index -> alt.barney.dinosaur.die.die.die
View previous topic :: View next topic  
katster
the so-called admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:05 pm    Post subject: We've lost another one... Reply with quote

I was informed today that Cyohtee had passed away after a long illness. He served the Jihad ably and well as a Captain and XO of Kappa Squadron in TRES Corps, and with honor as a member of VR, first in the ill-fated Comms division and then as Somerankoranother Reverend Cyohtee. He was also the FAQ keeper for VR.

While he contributed to the Jihad in several ways, his most lasting contribution was probably the one seg he contributed to The Marraketh Connection, Prelude to Terror, and as a major character in my own seg Trippin'.

As one of his commanding officers and a friend of his, I can say that I will miss him. Not only for his contributions to the Jihad, but for being a faithful and loyal friend. I once had a several hour conversation with him on the telephone when things in my life were exceptionally bad, and while that conversation means the world to me, it probably was no big deal in his eyes. That's the kind of friend he was.

* katster places a plaque on the ground next to those of the other Jihaddi who have passed away (Commander Nolan, Lt JG Uz, and Trooper Laertes). She then carefully puts two patches, one for each of Cyoh's JAOs, next to his plaque. She then steps back and salutes.

Rest in peace, Cyoh.

Please post your remembrances here.
"these are the days of miracle and wonder" -Paul Simon, "The Boy in the Bubble"
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Elena, aka Leto Bucher
Jihaddi

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*lights some incense and says a prayer*

Vaya con Dios

Even though I never knew you, peace to you.
Everything I know I learned from killing smart people and eating their brains Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
katster
the so-called admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was digging through the old archive of what we put up when Commander Nolan (aka LewsTheri) died, and I found this missive from Cyohtee. It bears repeating on this occassion.

Quote:

Rev. Cyohtee steps to the podium in full dress uniform.

"I didn't know John well, and for that I will be forever sorry. The few times I did speak with him, I know I felt he was a good man, and dedicated to the cause. Like most here, I have not kept as in touch with my fellow Jihadii as I should or would like, and as a result have lost the opportunity to know people like John better. May we all take this as a reminder to try to stay more involved and active so as to have the chance to get to know each other better in the future. For John it is too late, but may his spirit find whatever happiness he sought in life that may have eluded him, and may the old ones guide him to a better place. Let his spirit soar with the eagle, run with the deer, and swim with the dolphin. May coyote finally let him in on the real joke that is life, and may he finally understand it and laugh along with it as we all some day shall."

He then turns and steps down as a single tear runs down his face.

I think this speaks both to Cyoh's character and to this occassion.

-kat
"these are the days of miracle and wonder" -Paul Simon, "The Boy in the Bubble"
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ari
Feline

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 12:13 am    Post subject: O You Who are high in the stars, You shall never die. Reply with quote

May his journey West be swift and free of trouble.

(I have a feeling he'd dispatch anything that got in his way regardless.)

The sky is yours, the earth is yours,
the cemetery roads are yours.
Praise to you in peace!
You will not be separated from the Lord of the West.
Aset spreads Her arms over you,
She grants you peaceful rest forever.
O gods, grant that the Wesir Philip Friedman,
true of voice,
Be among You in the beautiful West!
Tangaroa
Jihaddi

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, damn. I never saw him much, but he was always a nice guy and a pleasure to have around.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Owsen
Jihaddi

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Owsen Salutes. Sad

'Lo there do I see my father,
'Lo there do I see my Mother and My sisters and my brothers,
'Lo there do I see the line of my people, back to the beginning,
'Lo they do call to me, they bid me take my place amoung them in the halls of Valhalla Where the Brave May Live Forever.
Doc Forrest
Jihaddi

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is not much that I can say that has not already been said.

*Doc Forrest removes his fedora and places it upon the tombstone of Philip Friedman.

We'll see you again Cyo.

VRDET R&D Technician Forrest King
Charcharadon
Jihaddi

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sorry to hear this. Always sad to lose one who has been carrying the flame.

My condolences to his friends and family, who will miss him most.

Edit: Holy crap, it finally let me post!

"I believe that reasonable men and women can resist the siren call of the internet, which whispers 'insult him, and do it in l33tspeak' every hour of every day..." -Shawn Carman
Pupp
Jihaddi

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 1:09 am    Post subject: Damn. Reply with quote

Cyo was a good guy. I always got along with him well, and he was always genuine, friendly and just all around a good guy.

Godspeed, buddy. Here's to ya.
A: None. There is nothing wrong with the light bulb; its condition is improving every day. Any reports of its lack of incandescence are illusional spin from the liberal media. Illuminating rooms is hard work. That light bulb has served honorably, and anything you say undermines the lighting effort. Why do you hate freedom?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PHPab4d Forum Index -> alt.barney.dinosaur.die.die.die All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: