Possible idea for TJAB.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PHPab4d Forum Index -> alt.barney.dinosaur.die.die.die
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Given the low activity of the board, I propose a MySpace Group with a side link back here to revitalize activity in The Jihad. Please respond to proposal responce with a post in this topic.
Yes
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Maybe
100%
 100%  [ 4 ]
No
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 4

Owsen
Jihaddi

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 1:37 pm    Post subject: Possible idea for TJAB. Reply with quote

I won't take up much time, but I noticed myspace had about 10-15 Anti Barney Groupings listed. One of them even has the artwork for the JU 2.0 GURPS as the group listing. Most of the groups I saw had easy 20-400 members.

Now I know this lays into the spoungin' laws and the how many morons do we want to deal with, but looking at the activity of the board, it might be something to revitalize the boards and the campaign.

A Problem is that any group moderator must have an active account on MySpace for 6 days prior to a group getting started. I am currently on 2-3 days rough as Tilden Alexander Owsen on their site and should this plan be rejected, I can kill the account.

Also, the myspacers might not be what would be desirable Jihaddi (ergo not take it seriously and become annoyances).

I know I have a bad name around here.
Nothing I can do to absolutely change that fact.
I'm just thinking you might want some recruits.
Mal-3
Frustrated Pulp Hero

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At this point, we've pretty much given up on recruiting active Jihaddi from the ranks of the intertubes. It's not 1996 anymore, we need to make peace with that. The core Jihad these days is a small group of writers who produce stunning quasi-original fiction within a fairly surreal setting, and we're happy with that.

However, I do think it would help our morale and our productivity if we had some level of fan following. I certainly know it'd help me keep writing if I knew that the RPG or Jihad Universe 3 were being read and appreciated by people outside our immediate circle. Raising our profile would help in that fashion.

So there is merit in the idea, but we'll need to think it through before we commit.
"Good lord, he's using country music!"
"He dies! He dies screaming!"
--Deadpool #68
Owsen
Jihaddi

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And you understand why I put it to debate.

Any form of role play needs a good willing audience. Not only could you get an audience reading what you write, but possibly contributing. Though the chance is a small one, it is there.

It's not 1996. But most of the new haters never got a chance to hear this in 1996. They never understood what any part of the JU was or currently is. They also may have been converts.

I propose that someone with a MySpace go under groups and search under Barney and Barney the Dinosaur. Some were active, some were not. But if it were designed properly, the page might do something for the storylines.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PHPab4d Forum Index -> alt.barney.dinosaur.die.die.die All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: