the so-called admin
Joined: 08 Apr 2004
Location: California, the land of fruits and nuts
|Posted: Mon May 31, 2004 6:04 pm Post subject: Acceptable Use Policy -- 5/31/04
|Acceptable Use Policy for PHPab4d:
1. Let's get this one out of the way. Jihad.net is run for the Jihad to Destroy Barney the Dinosaur, a FICTIONAL organization. Any user who creates an account for the express purpose of joining or advocating groups like al-Quaeda, Hamas, etc. will be banned without warning. The Management also reserves the right to send user information on such individuals to law-enforcement authorities if we deem it necessary.
1a. Conversely, anybody who creates a posting account for the purpose of telling us that we're all going to Hell for being terrorist slime and/or taking on the might of the United States will also be banned for poor reading comprehension.
2. Discussions should be kept civil. Habitual flamers will get a warning, then they'll get banned.
3. Profanity is allowed in all discussion groups, but the staff will not allow posting of pornographic images or text. Offenders will get one warning, and habitual offenders will be banned.
4. The primary focus of this board is general discussion of the Jihad to Destroy Barney the Dinosaur and associated fiction and humor. Off-topic threads will be tolerated as long as they are not deliberately inflammatory (see #2).
5. At the moment, advertising for items or services is not allowed. Items or services is defined as anything that makes money or has the potential to. We don't like having to be harsh on this, but it's a world full of spam, and we'd like to keep the signal to noise ratio as high as possible. Egregious violation of this rule (obvious spam) will result in deletion of the offending post and banning of the user without warning.
6. Please refrain from "bumping" topics. The Jihad community's current traffic is low enough that rarely will a topic be lost in the flow of information, rendering this shameful bit of self-promotion unnecessary.
7. The administration reserves the right to change these rules at any time. If they are changed, a copy will be posted to the message board "Jihad.Net and PHPab4d".
8. This list of rules is meant to be inclusive, not exclusive. The moderators and administrators have final say as to what is considered a bannable offense. We do our best to be fair but we dislike folks who punctually stick to the letter of the rules without realizing the spirit in which they were intended.
9. Complaints can be sent to the administrators. Whiners will be fed to the dragon.
Your administrators are: katster, Mal-3, Shadur and Nemesis.
Calculus is an administrator, but he isn't concerned with the day to day running of the board, so please don't bother him.