KJ's intro story thingie.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
KillJoy
Jihaddi

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 5:43 am    Post subject: KJ's intro story thingie. Reply with quote

This is WIP, to be tinkered with approximately when I get around to it.

Grand Admiral Felton glanced at the Ensign mopping the floors with a certain amount of confusion. The man was absolutely huge, even by the standards of TRES, standing easily seven and a half feet tall and built like a tank. He noted the man's name badge as he walked past, making a mental note to check his file after the meeting he was late for; it was strange that he'd never noticed the Ensign before.

That evening, he did remember, and pulled up the roster. KillJoy was the only name he had and, evidently, the only name the Ensign had. Not horribly unusual, except some of the details in the file were non-existent. Sure, there was mention of non-human status, but no medical records, or anything else. He blinked slightly when he realized that the listed date of birth was 01/01/80, likely the default on the terminal. He fired off a quick email to Delta before heading to bed.

The next morning brought an interesting response in email form. "Huh. Not just a computer error," the Grand Admiral muttered to himself. "No history, no ID, no nothing. Noone has even seen the guy before." He noted with some approval that he wasn't the only one bothered by the large gaping hole in information, and that Delta had already taken him to the brig for questioning.

Do you know what the Buddha looks like?
katster
the so-called admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*idly giggles*

I wonder if this is where poor Delgado first met KJ, given her headshaking over the fact later. Wink

-kat
"these are the days of miracle and wonder" -Paul Simon, "The Boy in the Bubble"
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
KillJoy
Jihaddi

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooh. I hadn't thought of that.

katster
the so-called admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KillJoy wrote:
Ooh. I hadn't thought of that.

I figure it would be fun. Besides, it would give Delgado some (yet more?) incentive to be antagonistic towards KJ in ju3. Wink

-kat
"these are the days of miracle and wonder" -Paul Simon, "The Boy in the Bubble"
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
KillJoy
Jihaddi

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More! This was done on vacation without reference material, so Delgado might be out of character, it needs various fleshing out, etc. Still, it's a framework.

"All right," Captain Miranda Delgado muttered. She was in the observation room adjoining a cell in the brig area, looking at her latest headache. "We have someone who mysteriously showed up in TRES HQ. We have no idea when, or how, nor any data on him."
"Well, name in the file is KillJoy... denoted non-human obviously. Assigned to Omega, as an Ensign," Andrews, the Delta Ensign monitoring the room shrugged.
"Yeah, he looks the type. This has to just be a computer error. There's no way anything this blatant could be anything else."
"Maybe. I don't know though... this guy's just weird. Didn't resist when they brought him in... but he hasn't moved an inch since. He's breathing, and with those goggles, no way of telling if he's awake or not but... creepy."
"Vital monitors aren't telling anything useful?"
"Nope. Steady pulse, stready respiration, but that's it. Pulse is weird too, but steady."
"Huh." Delgado considered the man sitting in the spartan cell. He looked like a cartoon interpretation of a linebacker, far larger and bulkier than humanly possible. "Well, not learning anything like this. I'm going to go talk to him."
"Are you sure that's a good idea?"
"No."

"Good evening, Captain Delgado," the imprisioned Ensign said as she entered the room. Miranda blinked.
"How did you know that?"
"Well, you are, aren't you?" he responded evenly.
"Yes, but..." she stopped herself, realizing that she was already losing control of the situation. She shook her head slightly, noting that there seemed to be no reaction from the enormous man in shackles, no minute signs of triumph that would be normal from someone disorienting their interrogator.
"Nevermind. Do you know why you are here?"
"No maam."
"There were certain irregularities in your files. We have no official data aside from the name KillJoy, your rank, serial number, and squad assignment. Seeing as how noone can recall seeing you, this was thought to be suspicious." She waited a moment for a response, but then continued when it was clear none was coming. "Can you explain any of that?"
"No maam."
"Okay, then can you explain why there is no record of you in Theta squadron before being transferred to Omega, as is normal?"
"Yes maam." There was a pause. Miranda resisted the urge to sigh in frustration when she realized he was being literal-minded.
"Explain, then. And feel free to elaborate on any other information that might be relevant to something I ask you. And stop with the 'maam' bit."
"Okay. There was no record of me in Theta because I wasn't in it."
"They assigned you to Omega straight out of basic?" Unusual, she thought, but not completely unheard of.
"No. I didn't go through basic."
"What?" she asked, feeling things veering out of control.
"Training would have been unnecessecary and a waste of TRES resources."
"Right. You mean to tell me that you're proficient with everything in our tactical doctrine and equipment inventory?" she asked with a hint of scorn.
"That is correct."
"And what, exactly, did you do before joining TRES?"
"I cannot say."
"Cannot or will not?"
:Cannot, maam." Miranda sighed, working very hard to resist the impulse to strangle the Ensign.
"Right. You realize, of course, that if we cannot figure out where you came from or who you are, you're going to rot in this cell?"
"Actually, that's incorrect."
"Okay," she replied as she stood up. "Good day then, KillJoy, or whoever you are." She walked out of the cell and paused in the hall to compose herself before checking in the monitoring room.
"See what I mean?" Andrews asked. "You should have seen how pissed off Lieutenant Weber got." Delgado nodded.
"He's a martian; didn't respond at all to anything. I don't suppose voice stress picked up anything?"
"Not on him. Not even any appreciable change in vitals."
"Figures. Martian," she muttered under her breath. "Well, I'm off to do mind-numbing amounts of research to try to come up with more information on the guy."
"Have fun, Captain."

KillJoy
Jihaddi

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This bit came to me. It amused me. Thus, I post it.

"You're going to talk, you son of a bitch, and you're going to give me answers that I like!" Lieutenant Robert Weber screamed on the recording.
"The second part seems increasingly unlikely, sir," the giant shackled to the chair calmly replied. Miranda winced as the Lieutenant turned purple, then yanked his baton out and slammed it into the Ensign's side.
"Say that again."
"Are you aware of the penalties for striking a subordinate officer, sir?" KillJoy calmly asked. He recieved a blow to the head for his trouble.
"Well, see, we've yet to establish that you are an officer of any sorts, you see..." the Lieutenant mocked.
"In that case, are you aware of the penalties for assaulting a civilian, Bobbie?" Weber started laying into the bound man with his baton, beating him about the face while yelling about proper respect. This continued for half a dozen blows before, in a blur of motion, KillJoy broke his restraints, forcibly deflected the baton, and put the officer in a choke hold with one arm. In his other, he held a sharp broken piece of the chair he had been chained to, the point a fraction of an inch from Weber's left eye.

"And that," the technician said as he paused the tape, "is when the MPs joined the party. He let Weber go, but they tasered him and hit him with tranquilizers just to be sure. He should be down for quite a while."
"Damn Weber... it's not like he can talk with a broken jaw either."
"Captain Delgado, is the recorder running? I have a statement to make." came a rumble over the monitor of the brig cell. Miranda just sighed, half suspecting that he was doing this just to be irritating.
"Right, broken jaw and enough tranquilizers to put down a horse, of course, why wouldn't he want to chat..." she muttered to herself before hitting the microphone key.
"It always is, go ahead."
"I am obligated to place myself on report for striking a superior officer." There was a pause.
"As Lieutenant Weber pointed out before you broke his arm, your status as an officer is in question."
"Alternatively, under TRES uniform code of military justice, I would like to file charges against Lieutenant Robert Weber for assaulting a civilian with a weapon while in uniform. Unless you have sufficient evidence to just have me shot, that is," he added with a grin. Miranda groaned as she saw the implications, and started chuckling in relief as she realized that this meant that the whole mess fell to someone else to deal with.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PHPab4d Forum Index -> Writing Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: