Submissions?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Elena, aka Leto Bucher
Jihaddi

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 5:00 pm    Post subject: Submissions? Reply with quote

I was wondering... how does one post or submit a story for the JU2 or JU3? I'm interested in writing about a character I developed, if it's possible.
*creeps in humble submission on knees*
Everything I know I learned from killing smart people and eating their brains Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Mal-3
Frustrated Pulp Hero

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 5:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Submissions? Reply with quote

Elena, aka Leto Bucher wrote:
I was wondering... how does one post or submit a story for the JU2 or JU3? I'm interested in writing about a character I developed, if it's possible.
*creeps in humble submission on knees*

First of all, don't do the kneeling thing. It's... embarrasing.

Second, JU3 is - for the moment - a closed set. We've got all our players lined up for the first two story arcs. So we're not accepting submissions.

Third, allow me to quote from the Source of All Knowledge (aka the JU RPG Book):

How can I get my game added to the canon?
Be a member of the Jihad to Destroy Barney.

No, really. That’s pretty much it. The core writing group of the Jihad to Destroy Barney - along with a smaller number of individual writers - are the ones who create the canon and set it. However, it should be noted that as of this writing (04/2004) the group is not actively seeking new members, and new members have for the most part stopped seeking us out. We’re still available, though, and the GM is willing to listen to any pitch so long as it’s entertaining.

If you’re thinking of making a pitch
First of all, be sure to read this book through and make sure you’re not duplicating things we’ve already written.

Then, write up a short sketch of the idea in general. This can be anything from a few paragraphs of a story featuring your idea to a brief timeline of how it fits into the Jihad Universe. The important part of a sketch is to get as much information as you can into it. Don’t, under any circumstances, just submit something that’s lifted whole cloth from an existing fictional source. Stuff like “Barney finds the One Ring,” or “Captain Kirk joins the Jihad” can make for a funny one-shot story, but it’s not something that the Jihad group is interested in adding to the canon.

When you’ve got your sketch ready and willing, take it over to our message board and post your sketch with the header “Audition.” We’ll take it from there, and probably have lots of questions for you.

...that's pretty much it. If you've read the book and the stuff in the fiction archives, you're probably in a good spot to make a pitch.

Play ball.
"Good lord, he's using country music!"
"He dies! He dies screaming!"
--Deadpool #68
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PHPab4d Forum Index -> Writing Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: