Politics today IS the Jihad...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PHPab4d Forum Index -> alt.barney.dinosaur.die.die.die
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aris_TGD
Jihaddi

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 8:13 pm    Post subject: Politics today IS the Jihad... Reply with quote

Okay, just came to a scary conclusion.

I was thinking about the typical left-wing right-wing political divide we've got going on right now, and my more-conservative-than-I defender-of-the-good-parts-of-the-American-South friend's arguments about the basic goodness of people, and I started trying to categorize America. There are the good guys, and there are the wacky freaks who we shouldn't even try and talk to or communicate with, because they're so far in a different universe they won't recieve our signals. Then there are the evil cabals who are manipulating folks, and finally there are the honest people who don't know any better, because they don't understand what liberal position actually are and/or why they're beneficial, either because they're not policy wonks or they've bought into the other side's rhetoric.

And I thought, gee. We're the Jihaddi. The misled and the general populace don't really know what's going on, we can't communicate with the Spongies without hard work, and the Wyrm minions pull the strings...

I don't want to know who B'harnii and the Lyrans are in this scenario.
CATULLUS: Of course. This way people can call Caesar “Commander Cocksucker” out loud and it’s okay, because they’re not the ones calling Caesar a cocksucker, they’re just quoting that wacky Catullus. I can’t help it if I’m the voice of the people.
Easyas123

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 10:53 pm    Post subject: Who are the sponges and fiends of Barney? Reply with quote

Of course Barney doesn't fit right and left wing categories. Barney is about greedy marketers tricking the public into thinking his show is educational and benefical to children.

Currently, things are very polarized in politics, but not every conservative, liberal, or person otherwise is a wacky freak.

Yes, there are plently of mindless people of all political stripes being manipulated and who pretty much follow the party line. If the party line changes so does their viewpoint.
Aris_TGD
Jihaddi

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, that post really is a CP violation. Certainly I'm no more enamoured of left-wing crazies/mindless folk of any variety than I am of the right-wing sort.

Just frustrated recently.
CATULLUS: Of course. This way people can call Caesar “Commander Cocksucker” out loud and it’s okay, because they’re not the ones calling Caesar a cocksucker, they’re just quoting that wacky Catullus. I can’t help it if I’m the voice of the people.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PHPab4d Forum Index -> alt.barney.dinosaur.die.die.die All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: