So, what's this place all about?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
zibblsnrt
Not the Bald Guy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 7:15 am    Post subject: So, what's this place all about? Reply with quote

I asked kat to set this group up for a few reasons. First is that the Jihad RP crew is largely a writing community, and has been for almost fifteen years now. Second is that there's enough variety of stuff going on in ab4d on its own that I was worried about things getting lost in the clutter - a few things have tended to fall underfoot in the general postage, and I'm not sure how much worse that'd get if there were additional posters. On top of that, there's still simply a lot of potential areas to cover in terms of writing for the Jihad anyway, both with outstanding JU2 stories, the JU3 arc some of us are working on, and whatever else people have in mind.

So I considered this as something of a text equivalent of a sketchbook. If folks have some ideas for fic, short segs, character studies or whatever else they want some input on, feel free to toss them here for comments. Basically, I wanted a place where folks could discuss their works-in-progress in a way that would keep a lot of the stuff trapped in one place. Consider this a general solicitation for any lurkers who wanted to try their hand at writing - I know you're out there! I saw one of you here as a guest even as I write this! - to go right ahead and do so.

One little note for the JU3 cast themselves, though - I think it'd be best if segs directly pertaining to that story line stay in the closed group. It's all about presentation on that one, you know. Wink I'm thinking of this as a group meant to get writing on just about any other field of JFic moving forward.

For the time being, if I end up posting any more segs of the Lyran book or the like, I'll probably be putting those to ab4d, which is both the more general group and falling into a role as kind of an IC information place as is. (Final drafts can head that way too, if folks like.) This I had in mind basically as a workshop and toolshed for the writing crew.
Homo sum: humani nil alienum a me puto
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Nemesis
Art Boy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure, and when I wanted to do something like this everyone thought it was a bad idea. Not that I'm bitter or anything. Wink
quanti canicula ille in fenestra?
katster
the so-called admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nemesis wrote:
Sure, and when I wanted to do something like this everyone thought it was a bad idea. Not that I'm bitter or anything. Wink

I don't recall that. If I did say it was a bad idea, I'm sorry. 'Cause obviously I thought it was good enough to make the group. Wink

-kat
"these are the days of miracle and wonder" -Paul Simon, "The Boy in the Bubble"
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
zibblsnrt
Not the Bald Guy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nemesis wrote:

Bah, I never heard you mention that. Wink

Wand your thunder back? *dangles it in front of Nem*
Homo sum: humani nil alienum a me puto
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PHPab4d Forum Index -> Writing Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: