Mortal Sins and Supers Campaigns

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PHPab4d Forum Index -> alt.barney.dinosaur.die.die.die
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ScumSweetHeart
Spectator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 1:37 am    Post subject: Mortal Sins and Supers Campaigns Reply with quote

Mortal Sins:
Allow me to clarify: Reading the FAQ on Jihad.net, i thought I was going to get spanked/flamed/tarred&Feathered if I suggested if I jumped into the conversation without being "properly informed."

Supers Campaigns:
I think the storyline is awesome. The majority of players seem to be interested in vehicles, combat, playing normals as characters... which is why I mentioned that a supers campaign might be out of the box.

Things I'd love to hear more about:
- The mechanics of spongification
- Stats on creatures...
- The effects of 10+ years of barney on TV

That's all I meant,

Scum
zibblsnrt
Not the Bald Guy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anything specific you'd need on creatures?

Either way, reading the PDF makes you more informed than a lot of people who know about the site, so.. ;)
Homo sum: humani nil alienum a me puto
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mal-3
Frustrated Pulp Hero

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 2:13 am    Post subject: Re: Mortal Sins and Supers Campaigns Reply with quote

ScumSweetHeart wrote:
Mortal Sins:
Allow me to clarify: Reading the FAQ on Jihad.net, i thought I was going to get spanked/flamed/tarred&Feathered if I suggested if I jumped into the conversation without being "properly informed."

Ah. Well, keep in mind the FAQ on the site is from 1996, back when it was used more as a weapon of intimidation than as a source of useful information. If you've read the PDF and the board AUP, you're informed enough. Go thou and sin no more. Wink

As for the other stuff... some of it didn't make the cut because, well, we forgot about it. Embarassed Stats for the creatures in the chapter about Barney, for example, should have gotten into the book but didn't because the GURPSification of the story material was a relatively late addition. Some of it was slated for later sourcebooks - the in-production Lyran book is going to have a hell of a lot of critters and equipment - and some of it we kind of glossed over either in the PDF or the stories.

It's always the little things....
"Good lord, he's using country music!"
"He dies! He dies screaming!"
--Deadpool #68
Patrick Alpha
Resident bloody clueless idiot

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, I also have a question. What is the general system of ranking here? I mean from Spectator To Jihadii & so on.

Of course, I mean on the message boards, I know very well the ranking of The Jihad.
zibblsnrt
Not the Bald Guy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most posters are simply "Jihaddi," non-Jihaddi are "Spectators," and it's best to assume anyone with a different title is either one of the administrators or a very senior Jihaddi.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
katster
the so-called admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zibblsnrt wrote:
Most posters are simply "Jihaddi," non-Jihaddi are "Spectators," and it's best to assume anyone with a different title is either one of the administrators or a very senior Jihaddi.

Right now, I think all the special titles belong to admins, because I think the only folks that have them are Cal, Mal, Nem, and myself. Which makes sense, since it's admins who have access to the feature which makes titles.

Jihaddi are for folks whom I know are and have been involved in the game in the past. I need to decide when I switch it. There's not any real difference between Jihaddi and spectator; I don't think there's any privileges one has that the other doesn't.

-kat
"these are the days of miracle and wonder" -Paul Simon, "The Boy in the Bubble"
Pupp
Jihaddi

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

katster wrote:
There's not any real difference between Jihaddi and spectator; I don't think there's any privileges one has that the other doesn't.

Except for that we RULE! d00d! r0x0rz!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ScumSweetHeart
Spectator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 11:51 pm    Post subject: Specific Needs Reply with quote

Zibblsnrt wrote:
Anything specific you'd need on creatures?

Either way, reading the PDF makes you more informed than a lot of people who know about the site, so.. Wink

I guess more on the lyrans would be nice (maybe you can post the book while it is in production so non-jihaddi onlookers could ask questions...).

Also, what kinds of interesting NPCs are out there in the Jihaddi world? What kind of encounters are typical in the Jihaddi world? Besides the top 4 villians (we know who they are) and Mikey, who else is there that makes trouble?
Doc Forrest
Jihaddi

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

y'know, I'm not sure when exactly the last time was when Messr. Crawford was even in our line of fire. I think it was during Pacifica, but that was as a character written in by Windigo and Shardik as far as I can recall.

VRDET R&D Technician Forrest King
zibblsnrt
Not the Bald Guy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm tempted to invite the guy over here. ;)
ScumSweetHeart
Spectator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 6:21 pm    Post subject: The guy? Reply with quote

Zibblsnrt wrote:
I'm tempted to invite the guy over here. Wink

WHich guy?

http://www.homestarrunner.com/sbemail57.html

"everyone says you're the guy. I want to be the guy too!"[/url]
Removed post

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(And I'm still waiting for honest disagreement or discussion, rather than baiting for cries of censorship. Ah well. -Zibblsnrt)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PHPab4d Forum Index -> alt.barney.dinosaur.die.die.die All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: