Barney and sweatshopts

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PHPab4d Forum Index -> alt.barney.dinosaur.die.die.die
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Angel Meiru
Spectator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:57 am    Post subject: Barney and sweatshopts Reply with quote

I heard rumors that a lot of the Barney merchandise is made by children workers in innner cities and poorer regions of the world. Is that true, because I heard of various so-called "child friendly" companies that own sweatshops and use slave labor. I think that is very wrong.
ari
Feline

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Truthfully, I have no clue...

The best way to find out would be to check out the packaging on some of the merchandise to find out who is actually producing the crap, then start digging around for information on those companies and their practices.

AFAIK, B&F is now owned by HIT Entertainment, (Henson International Entertainment?) which was/is a sprout off of Jim Henson's company. A far cry from the days when Sheryl Leach and Kathy Parker were dishing the slop from home... But given the Henson name, I'd think that any merchandise attached to one of their properties would have to meet certain requirements.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PHPab4d Forum Index -> alt.barney.dinosaur.die.die.die All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: