The Barney Pictures Topic

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PHPab4d Forum Index -> alt.barney.dinosaur.die.die.die
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Patrick Alpha
Resident bloody clueless idiot

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 10:08 am    Post subject: The Barney Pictures Topic Reply with quote

I think the title says it all.
You can post links, or the actual picture.
Here are a few:

1:
http://www.joenetsfan.com/NetsSeason2002_2003/Gamex2002_2003Assets/Gamex3903BarneyDead.gif

2:
www.cs.ucla.edu/ ~eric/barney.jpg

3:
www.nevtron.si/ borderline/barney.gif

4:
home.comcast.net/~spitfire879/ graphics/barney.gif

5:
http://www.hash.com/imagecontest/AprilGallery/Images/barney.jpg

6:
members.aol.com/ bigbutter/barney.html

7:
http://www.funhouse.com/jfw/mount.bob.photos/mind_of_evil.jpg

That's all for now. Any more links are welcome.
Cheers
Patrick
Aris_TGD
Jihaddi

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I... um, ah...

Okay...

This is, I suppose, not a completely ontopic forum, and it's not completely about... er...

I mean...

This is a roleplaying community, for chrissakes.

Poking fun at Barney for the sheer joy of it is kinda passe. I mean, the show is barely on the national radar any more. It's gone. So just hatin' for the hatin' doesn't make all that much sense.

The larger context here is the roleplaying. That makes it fun again.

This, er...

There's nothing wrong with it, but I'm not sure how it contributes.
CATULLUS: Of course. This way people can call Caesar “Commander Cocksucker” out loud and it’s okay, because they’re not the ones calling Caesar a cocksucker, they’re just quoting that wacky Catullus. I can’t help it if I’m the voice of the people.
Phrackwulf
Jihaddi

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 5:32 pm    Post subject: Ah, give the fella a break. Reply with quote

Nixon made a comeback too Aris, with this level of evil, anything is possible. Cool

Sure its a breach of Jihadiquette, but I personally never question a fellow traveller for hating the purple pestilence, just my two cents.
Aris_TGD
Jihaddi

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 6:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Ah, give the fella a break. Reply with quote

Phrackwulf wrote:
Nixon made a comeback too Aris, with this level of evil, anything is possible. 8)

... I have no idea what you're talking about.

Phrackwulf wrote:
Sure its a breach of Jihadiquette, but I personally never question a fellow traveller for hating the purple pestilence, just my two cents.

Yeah, but see, we're making a concerted effort here to move from basic sophomoric hatred to advanced sophomoric hatred. That's where the roleplaying comes in.
CATULLUS: Of course. This way people can call Caesar “Commander Cocksucker” out loud and it’s okay, because they’re not the ones calling Caesar a cocksucker, they’re just quoting that wacky Catullus. I can’t help it if I’m the voice of the people.
KillJoy
Jihaddi

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 8:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Ah, give the fella a break. Reply with quote

Aris_TGD wrote:

Yeah, but see, we're making a concerted effort here to move from basic sophomoric hatred to advanced sophomoric hatred. That's where the roleplaying comes in.

Graduating to junioric hatred? Wink

Do you know what the Buddha looks like?
Ultima Mayu

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 6:00 am    Post subject: I dunno..... Reply with quote

But it still seems like Barney has not gone away in 12 years. Hell, they had a 10th anniversary of him (unfortunately).

Anyone know of anti-Barney sites that have not been nuked off the net? Seems like alot of them mysteriously dissapeared, but why? Surprised
Patrick Alpha
Resident bloody clueless idiot

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 7:35 am    Post subject: Re: I dunno..... Reply with quote

[quote="Ultima Mayu"]But it still seems like Barney has not gone away in 12 years. Hell, they had a 10th anniversary of him (unfortunately).

Anyone know of anti-Barney sites that have not been nuked off the net? Seems like alot of them mysteriously dissapeared, but why? Surprised[color=red][/color][/quote]

Probably Because Barney's Lawyers sued them (seriously, Lyon Corps Legal team is after the Barney bashers.) If this keeps up, we may have become secret;).
katster
the so-called admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 7:54 am    Post subject: Re: I dunno..... Reply with quote

Ultima Mayu wrote:
But it still seems like Barney has not gone away in 12 years. Hell, they had a 10th anniversary of him (unfortunately).

Anyone know of anti-Barney sites that have not been nuked off the net? Seems like alot of them mysteriously dissapeared, but why? Surprised

Got cease and desisted out of existance, I suspect. jihad.net got one too, back at the end of 2000 and the beginning of 2001. We fought it, though, and hence that's why there's the legalistic boilerplate you run into around jihad.net.

Back in the day, the domain was in my name, so the cease and desist listed me by name too. It was a lot of fun, really! Wink (Well, I can laugh now, being nearly four years removed from it.) But yeah, I'd suspect that's the reason.

-kat
"these are the days of miracle and wonder" -Paul Simon, "The Boy in the Bubble"
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Angel Meiru
Spectator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 9:50 pm    Post subject: .......... Reply with quote

The Lyon's Group seem like a bunch of assholes that care about nothing but money and putting children to work in sweatshops to make shoddy Barney Mechandise. Evil or Very Mad
Mal-3
Frustrated Pulp Hero

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 9:55 pm    Post subject: Re: .......... Reply with quote

Angel Meiru wrote:
The Lyon's Group seem like a bunch of assholes that care about nothing but money and putting children to work in sweatshops to make shoddy Barney Mechandise. Evil or Very Mad

Well, they're a major media corporation; that goes without saying.
"Good lord, he's using country music!"
"He dies! He dies screaming!"
--Deadpool #68
Doc Forrest
Jihaddi

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having authored and collaborated on an admittedly JU1.0-compliant piece of fiction/comic, I'm rather pleased I didn't release it to the public. Partly because I am rather ashamed of the pretty glaring breaches in the storyline of a few of the laws of physics, not to mention the rather nasty pseudo-political stance it was taking.

That, and the fact that I was (at the completion of the work) entering my final year at High school and therefore could not possibly afford any form of legal action from any group.

To reiterate, some things that are created are better off never seeing the light of day.

VRDET R&D Technician Forrest King
William
Jihaddi

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 11:38 pm    Post subject: Re: The Barney Pictures Topic Reply with quote

Patrick Alpha wrote:
:7:
http://www.funhouse.com/jfw/mount.bob.photos/mind_of_evil.jpg

Hey, I hadn't seen that one before. w00t. *nab, add to collection*
dejavu360
Spectator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im new here, and this pic may look cheap to u... Sad
[img]http://www.freewebs.com/barneyequalsroadkill/deadbarney.bmp[/img]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PHPab4d Forum Index -> alt.barney.dinosaur.die.die.die All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: